I stumbled into “Blog Land” less than a year ago. I honestly can’t remember what I was even looking for when I found it, but I do remember feeling like I entered into a magical world that had somehow been mysteriously concealed. It reminds me of when Harry Potter entered into the world of Hogwart’s through Platform 9 and ¾ at King’s Cross Station. I apparently took the late train, but I guess it’s better late than never!
Speaking of Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling gave a great commencement speech at Harvard on the fringe benefits of failure and the importance of imagination. It is definitely worth the read when you have a moment.
Back to this magical world ….
I have listed a few of my favorite blogs below, but the list could include so many more…
- Jones Design Company was my first ever stop. Emily is delightful and I have learned so much from her tutorials. My first ever project after reading her blog was making fabric flowers, they are so cute and have so many uses.
- I then discovered Lil Blue Boo and learned how to choose joy in any circumstance. Ashley has such an inspiring story and a great perspective on life.
My normal reads also include…
- Iheartorganizing – a must to get you inspired and Ashley has posts to cover organizing everything imaginable. I reorganized my pantry after reading this post.
- Young House Love – projects and tutorials abound on this blog. Sherry, John, and Clara are such a cute family and there is not a project too big or too small for them to tackle.
- Design Mom – Gabrielle is a mother to six kids and I’m not sure how she does it all. Her family is currently transitioning back to life in the States after living in France for the last couple of years. The blog also has a great home tour series called Living with Kids, this one is my favorite so far.
- Storyline Blog by Donald Miller – This is the place to go for daily words of inspiration and wisdom. Each Saturday, the blog shares three favorite viral videos found on the web during the week . My most recent favorite was this one (second video) which made me laugh so hard I snorted (one of my less than desirable qualities).
- Life in Grace – Edie is such a wise woman and so inspirational. She did a fabulous series on 31 days to a heart of hospitality which will change your heart.
Again, my list could go on and on. I will post a link to blogs I love to read very soon, but this should get you started.